22 May Using Google Chrome Plugins
The internet can give you the answers to anything you need. Search engines are reliable no matter what your situation. Are you a college student looking for homework help, or do you have a quick recipe question? Search engines like Yahoo, Bing, and Google are there to help you.
Google has its own cross-platform web browser called Google Chrome. Chrome allows you to search Google while skipping the middleman like Safari or Internet Explorer. However, Google took it one step further. Chrome allows you to install plugins or extensions that provide an added functionality to the platform.
Functionality is Key
First things first, what is an extension? Extensions are mini-programs that improve the ability and functionality of your browser. For example, if you have trouble staying focused during the work day download StayFocusd. StayFocusd allows you to set screen time on distracting websites like online clothing stores. Once your time runs out, these websites are blocked for the rest of the day. Extensions appear on your toolbar and apply themselves to any website your viewing. Extensions are easy to download and access. All you have to do is find the extension you want in the Chrome store and select add to Chrome. It’s as simple as downloading an app on your phone.
Accessing your extension is even easier. Once downloaded your extension’s icon will appear on your toolbar in Chrome. You simply let the extension do “its thing” or you can right-click and change its settings to your preference. It’s kind of like having your own robot on your computer screen. Without a word or press of a button, your Google Chrome extension will handle it all.
Plugins to Pair With
There are so many Chrome extensions out there. There’s a Chrome extension for whatever you’re trying to improve on your browser. Just to name a few, here are some popular ones:
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting photos or videos.Pinterest lovers need this plugin. Simply add this plugin to your toolbar and it will do all the work for you. The plugin will add viewed content to your Pinterest Board. So, you can sit back and let this extension do all the heavy lifting.
- Todoist: Todist is a great extension for business or group projects. It’s even great for someone who can’t seem to keep track of their grocery list. Todoist syncs your to-do list with all your devices. This way you’ll never lose your grocery list again. You can also see lists shared by your team. This makes it easy to add tasks without opening a new tab, app or device. Chrome also has other management apps like the popular platform Trello and many others.
- LastPass: LastPass is an autofill password extension. You enter all your passwords into the extensions and you’ll never have to remember then again. LastPass will autofill them into whatever you need it for. The only password you’ll have to remember is your LastPass password. This also helps keep your passwords secure from hackers which is always a plus!
- Click&Clean: Constantly searching and downloading work throughout the day will fill up your browsing history. Click&Clean will take away that tedious job of clearing your history over and over again. Instead, the extension will clear your cache, URL searches, website cookies, and download history for you with one click of a button.
- Ghostery: Do you hate when ads distract or interrupt you when your viewing content? Ghostery is an ad-blocking extension designed to prevent that. Ghostery will also disguise your browsing data so ad tracking tools can’t collect your personal information. This will ultimately improve your webpage speed, load time and overall web experience.
- Netflix Party: Do you wish you could binge watch your favorite Netflix show with your long distance friends? Netflix Party allows you to do that. You and friends can watch a show in real time together from different locations. Moreover, the extension has a chat room on the side of the screen. This way, you can your friends can react together to what’s happening while you watch!
- Loom: Loom is a great tool to use when your working from home. Loom allows you to record your screen and instantly share this video with co-workers. This is helpful when showing coworkers how to achieve certain tasks that can’t be explained through email.
Nothing is more attractive to the public than convenience. Using Chrome plugins is the best way to enhance your experience on the internet. The internet is already useful for most because people receive the answer to their questions within seconds. However, adding Chrome plugins can help with daily tasks even more.